Emergency Lighting Testing
What is Emergency Lighting Testing?Emergency Lighting Testing is the testing of all back up lighting on a premises with the aim of ensuring that emergency lights are of adequate intensity, in working order and will illuminate in the event of a fire or emergency to allow safe escape from the building. Emergency Lighting should also adequately allow identification of safety signs and equipment such as fire fighting equipment.
Why is Emergency Lighting Testing Required?All owners of business or public premises have a legal obligation to commission and maintain the emergency lighting system installed. Testing should be carried out periodically as specified in Health & Safety Legislation and the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) I.S. 3217:2008 Code of Practice. In common with the regulations concerning Fire Detection & Alarm Systems, quarterly inspection and annual tests of the Emergency Lighting System must be carried out and records maintained.
Pace Electrical Compliance - Emergency Lighting SpecialistsOur Schedule of tests will ensure that you are compliant with the appropriate health and safety standards. Our Emergency Lighting Testing procedure comprises:
- Illuminating each emergency light, from its battery source, for 30 minutes for the quarterly test and 3 hours on the annual test
- Examination of all fittings to ensure their correct functionality
- Checking and filling out the logbook, as appropriate, and issuing a certificate of testing on completion.
- Provision of a schedule, to your staff, for weekly checks of the system.
- Issuing reminders when your re-tests are due, to ensure your compliance with I.S. 3217:2008
Contact us if you are interested in any of our services:
- Periodic Inspection
- Portable Appliance Testing
- Emergency Lighting Testing
- Fire Alarm Testing
- Electrical Certification
Contact us with any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.
John A Courtney Ltd (trading as Pace Electrical)
Company No. 554323
Periodic and PAT Testing
3 Kilquade Hill, Greystones, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
T: 01 287 1124 | M: 087 260 5833