Fire Alarm Testing
What is Fire Alarm Testing?Fire alarms in your office building or premises must be regularly maintained to ensure maximum effectiveness. Fire Alarm Testing is the testing of the Fire Alarm System in a building and is a vital part of any health and safety compliance routine in the workplace.
Why do I need Fire Alarm Testing carried?All owners of business or public premises have a legal obligation to commission and maintain the fire alarm system installed. Testing should be carried out periodically as specified in Health & Safety Legislation and the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) I.S. 3217:2008 Code of Practice. In common with the regulations concerning Emergency Lighting Testing, quarterly inspection and annual tests of the Fire Alarm System must be carried out and records maintained.
Pace Electrical Compliance - Fire Alarm Testing SpecialistsOur Schedule of tests will ensure that you are compliant with the appropriate health and safety standards. Our Fire Alarm Testing procedure comprises:
- Visual inspection of all call points, detectors and sounders.
- Functional test of detection devices and the batteries in the system.
- Completion of any repairs required without delay.
- Filling out the log book and issuing a certificate of testing on completion.
- Provision of a schedule, to your staff, for weekly and daily checks of the system.
- Issuing reminders when your re-tests are due, to ensure your compliance with I.S. 3217:2008
Contact us if you are interested in any of our services:
- Periodic Inspection
- Portable Appliance Testing
- Emergency Lighting Testing
- Fire Alarm Testing
- Electrical Certification
Contact us with any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.
John A Courtney Ltd (trading as Pace Electrical)
Company No. 554323
Periodic and PAT Testing
3 Kilquade Hill, Greystones, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
T: 01 287 1124 | M: 087 260 5833